Manager – Individual Tax (US Tax focused)
Job no: 496134
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
KPMG’s People Services team provides compensation and employment, related advice and insights to clients that help organisations attract, engage and retain their key executives and broader workforce, with a particular focus on internationally mobile employees.
Our highly experienced team provides a comprehensive mix of advice and tax-led, immigration and recruitment services to meet employers’ workforce needs. We develop tailored strategies and innovative solutions to enable organisations to achieve strategic business and workforce requirements.
Our service covers the development of policies and related remuneration packages, cross-border solutions between Hong Kong and other jurisdictions, reviews of international assignment programmes, pensions, tax, human resources advice, completion of tax returns (for the US, PRC and Hong Kong) for assignees and advanced technology-based solutions. The People Services portfolio ranges from large multinational companies to local start-ups.
We are now seeking high-calibre tax professionals to support the continued growth of our People Services team in Hong Kong. The ideal candidate will bring a commercial and analytical mind and have very strong written and spoken English and Chinese skills. Knowledge of the US tax system is essential.
- Apply a good understanding of US tax legislation to client issues and prepare / review tax returns and related calculations for expatriates
- Work with clients to develop tax efficient solutions, which address their business needs
- Use knowledge of relevant non-tax legal, financial and business information to address client issues
- Regularly expand their knowledge of the tax business and keep up-to-date with the latest business and current affairs as it relates to their clients
- Deal with tax authority enquiries in an effective manner
- Interact with different parties, including clients and KPMG overseas offices, to complete the tax returns / ad hoc projects
- Degree holder with a professional qualification (tax, legal or accounting)
- Minimum of 7 years’ individual tax experience (US tax) in a professional firm
- Experience in handling complex technical issues concerning employee remuneration e.g., equity plans, dual contracts, pensions
- Have good understanding of US international information return reporting requirements (i.e. Form 5471, 8621, 8858, 8865 and 926) and expatriation tax rules
- Understanding of US estate/gift tax and trust is a plus
- US CPA / IRS EA required
- Excellent proficiency in written & spoken English and Chinese. Fluency in Mandarin is also required.
- Well-organized with ability to meet multiple deadlines and work under pressure
- Self-starter and good team player
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now