Solution Architect (Manager level)
Job no: 496152
Work type: Full time
Location: Hong Kong
Categories: Advisory, Management Consulting
KPMG China is based in 28 offices across 25 cities with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Haikou, Hangzhou, Hefei, Jinan, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi’an, Zhengzhou, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR. Working collaboratively across all these offices, KPMG China can deploy experienced professionals efficiently, wherever our client is located.
KPMG is a global organisation of independent professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 146 countries and territories and in FY20 had close to 227,000 people working in member firms around the world. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such. KPMG International Limited is a private English company limited by guarantee. KPMG International Limited and its related entities do not provide services to clients.
In 1992, KPMG became the first international accounting network to be granted a joint venture licence in mainland China. KPMG was also the first among the Big Four in mainland China to convert from a joint venture to a special general partnership, as of 1 August 2012. Additionally, the Hong Kong firm can trace its origins to 1945. This early commitment to this market, together with an unwavering focus on quality, has been the foundation for accumulated industry experience, and is reflected in KPMG’s appointment for multi-disciplinary services (including audit, tax and advisory) by some of China’s most prestigious companies.
Service Line Overview
KPMG China Technology Consulting is part of our core advisory services. We help our clients to transform and unleash the technology capability in digital age.
We are now looking for a Solution Architect to join our Technology Consulting team.
- Ensure a good understanding of our client’s needs.
- Lead the Fit/Gap analysis to define the solution design, including to-be processes, solution architecture, integration design, migration approach and non-functional requirements
- Produce high-level architecture design and diagrams related to - Cloud Deployment, Microservice Architectures, Web applications and mobile native applications
- Making sure the appropriate technologies will be used to create a state-of-the-art solution.
- Use diagram tools and methodologies to create visual representations on business and application capabilities, features and functions
- Define all aspects of development activities including technology stacks, development cycle and coding standards
- Make use of modern release processes (DevOps) to ensure smooth and qualitative delivery of the solution
- Lead consultant and developers both on-shore and off-shore on the related development takes on the solution, quality check and validate the deliverables is as according to the design document
Experience & Background
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in application development and experienced in application and system design
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as System Analyst / Associate Architect.
- Experience architecting solutions for both cloud and on-premises hosting models; ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements and ability to estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives; quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Familiarity with distributed and resilient system design
- Excellent knowledge and experience of UML and other modeling methods (e.g. TOGAF, ArchiMate)
- Hands on Experience in cloud design (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Hands on Experience in container infrastructure (e.g. Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Hands on Experience in microservice architecture design and its technology stacks on API Control, Logging & Tracing, Messaging and NoSQL
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Good communication and presentation abilities
- Excellent command in both English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
- Certification in Enterprise Architect (TOGAF) is a plus
- Certification in Cloud Architecture (Azure / AWS) is a plus
- You have a non-stop drive to go out of your comfort zone to guarantee an end-to-end solution.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Refer a friend Apply now